Friday, March 4, 2011

In a Bind

Today, I was reading some WPF binding tutorials. This one in particular was somewhat helpful, even if a bit simplistic. One part that amused me was about the binding modes:
"Like OneWay binding, OneTime binding sends data from the source to the target; however, it does this only when the application is started or when the DataContext changes and, as a result, does not listen for change notifications in the source."

Now this is all fine functionality and I'm sure it's nice to be able to do it all The Proper Way. A topic for another post is how WPF tries to be too clean to actually get anything done. To me, it feels a bit like hammering a screw because you've already hammered 50 nails with the hammer you're holding. I know something easier than a one time binding John, no binding at all! Haven't heard of that one? I call it tbColor.Text = "Yellow" and it doesn't require 50k CPU cycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment